Well, it is one week until Christmas and at my house we have been busy baking, baking, and more baking so many tasty goodies!
My husband's favorite "cookie" treat is the recipe I have decided to share today! They are going very fast in our house and I think I will have to make even more this week in order to have any to share with my extended family this Christmas! :)
They are easy to make and are a perfect mix of peanut butter and chocolate! They can be frozen until you are ready to bring them to your holiday party and they can be made with dark or regular chocolate! Enjoy! :)
Without further ado...let me introduce to you a classic favorite -
Peanut Butter Balls
- 2 cups (480 ml) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups (230 - 300 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter & vanilla until smooth. Dump in the powdered sugar and stir until dough has the consistency of a stiff dough (add more sugar if necessary).
- Roll the dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) round balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once you are done rolling all the dough, place the sheet in the fridge to chill and set for a few hours, until very firm.
- In a small, deep bowl... microwave the chocolate chips and oil together in 30 second intervals - stirring well between each time - until smooth. (I used both dark and semi-sweet and made some of each! They were both DELICIOUS!)
- Using a fork, dip each ball into the chocolate, tap off the excess and set it back on the parchment; repeat. Again, once the pan is finished, place it back in the fridge to set completely for a few hours!
I can't wait to see what you have been working on this week! :)
If you love this recipe and my site...