Since I have become pregnant, I have had major sugar cravings! I am usually a salty person but this pregnancy has changed me into a sugar-aholic! :) Therefore, I bake, bake, BAKE!! My husband loves it, that's for sure! :)
This week my guilty pleasure is something called M&M Oat Bars. It is from my favorite dessert recipe book - Taste of Home Baking. Check out the pictures and recipe below and give it a try! It is sure to be a crowd pleaser! :)
|Can you see the hidden shape? :)|
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (14 oz) caramels
- 3 tbsps water
- 1 cup (6 oz) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain M&M's
- 3 ozs white candy coating
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats
- Press into a greased 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees fro 10-15 min or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the chips, nuts and M&M's. Gently press into the caramel mixture. Melt candy coating; drizzle over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes or until coating is set. Cut into bars.
If you love this recipe and my site...