Do you own or know someone with a boat? Well, good chances you do, because last year, 83 million Americans chose boating as a way to get outside, relax and be with family! Whether they chose fishing, cruising, sailing or a day of watersports, getting out on a boat is such a great family activity! Plus, it can cool you down from the hot summer weather!
We currently own a boat but with having two kids in the last two years, we just haven't got out on it like we did before we had kids! We did get out one time last summer with my son and it was one of my favorite boating memories! Watching my son "drive" the boat and "fish" with his little fishing pole was so fun and he still remembers those memories!
If you are a boating newbie, don't be afraid of the fun that can be had! I have a great website to share with you today that can help you get started boating and make those happy family memories!
DiscoverBoating.com is so great because it makes getting started in boating really easy! Discover Boating is a nonprofit program supported by the U.S. recreational boating industry to help people get on the water to experience the fun of boating. It is an unbiased online resource to explore the enjoyment and accessibility of the boating lifestyle.
They have some awesome interactive tools that were really helpful including a Boat Selector Tool, Try Before You Buy, Cost Comparison Tool, Just for Kids, and a Marina and Ramp Locator where you can find a local marina or boat ramp close to your home.
My favorite tool was the Marina and Ramp Locator. We have had a hard time finding a boat ramp to launch our boat by where we live so I loved looking up the closest ramps and marina near us to help us get our boat out on the water this summer!
Here are some cool Boating Fast Facts to get you excited about boating this summer:
• Boating is a vacation close to home – 90 percent of Americans live within an hour’s drive of a navigable body of water.
• Boaters bond over memories on the water –69 percent of boaters say boating brings their families closer together, according to a Discover Boating survey.
• American boaters are largely ‘middle-class’ as 73 percent of U.S. boat owners have an annual household income less than $100,000 and 95 percent of boats in the U.S. are less than 26 feet—small boats taken by trailer to local bodies of water.
• More than eight out of ten boaters (77 percent) boated as a child.
With summer can comes crazy schedules! Why not take time away from technology, hectic schedules, and chaos and get some relaxing, family time out on the boat!
I can't wait to take time away from our busy lives this summer and get out on our boat! It provides a distraction from the daily stress, trials, and business that comes with the summer and with a family! Boating is inexpensive, fun and relaxing!
Why do you want to try boating this summer?
If you love this review and my site...
* I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Discover Boating and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.*