It's my favorite time of the year: grilling season! However, it is also the time in the year where I am trying to lose the baby weight!! It is not coming off so easily...and maybe it is because of all the tasty food (especially CHEESE!) I have been having lately on the grill! What can I say? I LIKE TO EAT!!! :)
Luckily, I have found a way to eat great food on the grill, have cheese on my burger and still lose weight!! Weight Watchers is helping me out this grilling season with sensible Weight Watchers Cheese options!
Weight Watchers Cheese products are DEFINITELY chocked full of flavor in every bite! I LOVE that all of the products are low in calories, fat and sodium so I can enjoy them without guilt!
I received four awesome products from Weight Watchers to try with my grilling this summer: Weight Watchers Jalapeno Pepper Gourmet Cheese Wedges, Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread, Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Whipped Onion and Chive Cream Cheese Spread, and Weight Watchers Reduced Fat American Singles. They all tasted great and are great for adding flavor to all types of food you are grilling this summer!
The Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread is a decadent, fruity variety of the Original Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese and it is the only one of its kind on the market - you won't find reduced fat whipped strawberry cream cheese from anyone but Weight Watchers Cheese!
With a fluffy, whipped consistency, each two-tablespoon serving has 60 calories, a PointsPlus value of 2, and is sure to freshen up the blandest of breakfasts! My husband saw this Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread and quickly whisked it away to eat with his homemade Strawberry Banana Muffins and Bagels for breakfast at work. He ate it so fast I didn't even get time for a picture! :)
He loved the creamy, fluffy consistency and the taste was a perfect addition to his breakfast foods! It is also a great addition to Grilled Fruit Skewers on the Grill! Make sure to try this tasty recipe this summer!
Grilled Fruit Skewers with Strawberry Cream Cheese Dip
Serving size: 2 skewers
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus® value: 4 per serving
8 tablespoons Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
8 tablespoons Cool Whip Fat Free Whipped Topping
4 medium strawberries – cut off the top and slice in half
1 medium banana – peel and cut into 8 pieces
2 medium nectarines – remove pits and cut into quarters
2 slices fresh pineapple – cut into quarters
1 1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar
8 10-inch bamboo skewers – soaked in water for 15 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the whipped topping until well combined. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Set grill temperature to medium-high.
- Assemble skewers so each one has one piece of each fruit.
- Shake powdered sugar evenly over the fruit.
- Set the fruit on the grill, making sure not to place them on the hottest part or they will burn before they get nice and brown.
- Remove and serve each skewer with 2 tablespoons of dip.
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 1 g
The Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Whipped Onion and Chive Cream Cheese Spread is a savory whipped treat to enjoy at all times of the day, on bagels, sandwiches and more. Again it is also unique in its category - no one but Weight Watchers Cheese offers a reduced fat whipped onion and chive cream cheese! In a two-tablespoon serving, the spread has only 60 calories and a PointsPlus value of 2.
I quickly found a love for this cream cheese spread! I immediately thought of putting it on my favorite crackers and it tasted great! It added a little flavor to my crackers without adding an overload of calories!
If you want to grill with it, make sure to try this recipe on the grill! I LOVE Veggie Pizzas and this recipe for the grill is perfect for summer!
Grilled Veggie Pizza
Serving size: 1 slice
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus® value: 9 per serving
1 medium zucchini – sliced the length of the vegetable
1 medium summer squash – sliced the length of the vegetable
1 3/4 red bell peppers – cleaned, deseeded and cut into triangles
1/3 pound asparagus – trimmed
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon. sunflower oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 12-inch 100% whole wheat thin pizza crust – rolled out
12 tablespoons Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Whipped Onion and Chive Cream Cheese Spread
- Put all the cut vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with oregano, basil and pepper. Mix gently with a rubber spatula to coat.
- Pour oil and balsamic vinegar over the vegetables. Mix again until coated.
- With the grill at a medium-high temperature, grill off the vegetables until they are cooked through and have nice grill marks on them. Remove from heat and cut both types of squashes on a bias into bite-size pieces.
- Spread the cream cheese on the crust and layer the grilled vegetables on top of the cream cheese.
- With a pizza stone on the grill, place the pizza on the stone and cook for about 4-5 minutes to heat up the pizza crust and cheese.
- Cut into 6 slices and enjoy.
Fat: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Fiber: 10 g
Protein: 11 g
However, our favorites items and recipe have got to be "Bring a little Heat" Burgers with the Weight Watchers Jalapeno Pepper Gourmet Cheese Wedges and Pepper Jack Cheese. We like spicy cheese and these were perfect for spicing up our burgers this summer!
The Weight Watchers Pepper Jack Reduced Fat American Singles are individually-wrapped singles that make it easy to enjoy the ooey-gooey goodness of melted cheese without all the fat and sodium of regular cheese singles. These singles are an excellent source of calcium with 25 percent of the recommended daily dose in every single along with 1 gram of fiber per single. Each slice has 45 calories and a PointsPlus value of 1.
We really enjoyed cooking up our burgers and adding these cheeses! The burgers were delicious and I could enjoy them even more knowing I wasn't ruining my diet!! Make sure you try the recipe below for adding a little spice to your burgers this summer!
"Bring a Little Heat" Turkey Burgers
Serving size: 1 burger
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus® value: 7 per serving
3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
1 tablespoon medium home-style salsa
1 pound 99 percent fat-free ground turkey breast
4 Weight Watchers Jalapeno Pepper Flavored Cheese Wedges
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 slices Weight Watchers Pepper Jack Singles Cheese – cut in half from corner to corner into triangles
4 light hamburger buns
4 pieces green leaf lettuce
- In a small mixing bowl mix together mayo and salsa. Set aside.
- Divide ground turkey into 4 equal sized rounds. Make 2 equal-sized patties out of each round so you have 8 patties total.
- Flatten each cheese wedge into a small circle. Place the cheese circles on top of 4 of the patties, and top with remaining patties, and pinch the ground turkey around the edges to seal burgers closed.
- Place patties on parchment paper and flatten a little bit more with your hand or with deli paper.
- Season each burger with fresh ground pepper.
- Grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Just before you remove the burgers place a triangle of cheese on each burger.
- Place a burger on each bun and top with lettuce and salsa mayo. Serve immediately.
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 36 g
Buy It: You can purchase of all these Weight Watchers Cheese products (and so much more!) at local participating retailers.
If you love this review and my site...