I have heard so many great things from celebrities and friends about Pirate's Booty so when I saw it at my local grocery store a couple weeks ago, I decided to try it! Once I tried it, I see why everyone talks about it because it is SO ADDICTING! Best of all, it is all-natural and has half the fat and fewer calories than regular fried potato chips! I feel great eating them and I really enjoy it too!
Pirate’s Booty makes the grade for a “Snack Swap!” Pirate’s Booty is gluten, peanut and tree-nut free, so it’s safe for kids with allergies and their classmates too. Pirate’s Booty is made without trans-fats and ingredients you can’t pronounce. Also, it’s more convenient than ever, as Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar now comes in half-ounce size multipacks that are only 65-calories per pack!
We received two of these great multi-pack bags of half-ounce bags of Pirate's Booty and they came in this fun treasure chest! My son LOVED the treasure chest (and I LOVED the Pirate's Booty!) and the cool Pirate eye patches that came with! He wears them around every day and we all giggle every time!
I love these half-ounce bags and they are definitely perfect to stick in your children's lunch boxes or, in my case, keep to a small portion at night during my "snack hour"! :)
Check out these great tips below from Pirate's Booty's Resident Dietician to help you pack great lunches for your children this year!
Back-to-School: Grade A Lunch-Box-Makeover
Pirate’s Booty’s Resident Dietician Offers Tips on Packing an Honor Roll Lunch
As another school year begins, your readers will have to figure out what to send in their kids’ lunchboxes that won’t come back untouched, as finding a balance between delicious and nutritious can be a difficult task. That’s why Emily Whelan Anschlowar, MS, RD, the in-house nutrition expert at Pirate’s Booty all-natural snacks, has created smart lunchbox swaps that are wholesome, fun and won’t get traded come lunchtime.
When it comes to school lunches, making simple swaps can make all the difference between an average meal and one that makes the grade. Here are a few tips on how your child’s lunch can earn high marks:
- Sandwich Substitute: Whole grain bread, wraps or bagels packed with lean cuts of meat or hummus for protein is the way to go. Whole grain breads are packed with fiber and protein that keep away afternoon hunger pangs! Don’t forget the mustard, which is loaded with antioxidants. Tomatoes, lettuce and cucumbers are delicious ways to add crunch, fiber, plus vitamins and minerals.
- Snack Switch: This may be the most important part of the meal because it’s a kid’s favorite. Stay away from greasy, fried potato chips and artificially flavored cheese curls. Baked, all-natural snacks with less fat and calories are a much better alternative. You shouldn’t need Google to read the ingredient list!
- Drink Exchange: Avoid sugary fruit drinks loaded with calories and little to no nutritional benefit. Rehydrating with water or low-fat milk makes the grade! Low-fat milk is delicious and nutrient-rich; containing calcium and vitamin D which are essential for growing bones.
- Sweet Tooth Swap: Instead of something high in fat and sugar like cookies or snack cakes, try naturally sweet low-fat yogurt with fresh fruit. Yogurt is rich in protein, calcium and B vitamins.
Win It: Pirate Brands is generously offering (1) Pirate's Booty Prize Pack consisting of two Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar half-ounce 12-packs (that’s a total of 24 half-ounce bags – enough for a month’s worth of school lunches!) and some fun pirate swag to TWO lucky winners!
Enter here for a chance to win:
(2) Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar Half-Ounce 12-packs (Total of 24 half-ounce bags – enough for a month’s worth of school lunches!) & Additional Fun Pirate Swag
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you love this review and my site...