So when I saw the new UNREAL candy, I got such hope again for my sugar tooth! I LOVE UNREAL's mission to unjunk junk food and give us candy we can feel good eating!
Nicky Bronner, a kid determined to prove he could unjunk candy, and Adam Melonas, an innovative chef, have collaboratively brought an UNREAL™ idea to life. UNREAL™ products are made with wholesome ingredients, with more fiber and more protein. The dairy comes from free-range, pasture-raised cows without antibiotics or added hormones. The palm kernel oil hails from a sustainable, organic farm in Brazil. The cacao beans are actually traceable, sourced from farms in Ghana and Ecuador that do not employ child slave labor. UNREAL™ takes the extra step in developing their candies because it’s the right thing to do for people and the planet. With a simple idea brilliantly executed, UNREAL™ Brands has become a magnet for creative professionals.
Just in time for Back-to-School and Halloween, the brand introduces five candies that taste great, and the suggested retail price is the same as typical candy bars. But unlike typical candy bars, UNREAL candies can proudly claim:
* No corn syrup
* No hydrogenated oil
* No artificial flavors
* No GMO’s
* No synthetic colors
* Responsibly sourced ingredients, including:
- Traceable cacao beans from Ghana and Ecuador
- 100% sustainable and organic Palm Kernel Oil sourced from Brazil
- Dairy from free-range cows pasture raised without antibiotics or added hormones
- All natural origin colors, coming from plants like beets, red cabbage, etc.
- 30% less sugar, 60% more protein and 250% more fiber per serving on average compared to the leading competing brands
I also really love that they offer a great variety of different candy products so you are sure to find a healthy and safe alternative offered by UNREAL™ to all your mainstream favorite candies .
UNREAL candies include:
* Candy Coated Chocolate with Peanuts (42 grams)
* 200 calories, 16 grams of sugar, 11 grams of total fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 20 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein per serving
* Candy Coated Chocolates (42 grams)
* 190 calories, 19 grams of sugar, 10 grams of total fat, 6 grams saturated fat, 24 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein per serving
* Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bar (45 grams)
* 170 calories, 19 grams of sugar, 7 grams of total fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 28 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein per serving
* Chocolate Caramel Peanuts Nougat Bar (49 grams)
* 200 calories, 17 grams of sugar, 12 grams of total fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 25 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein per serving
* Peanut Butter Cups (36 grams)
* 190 calories, 11 grams of sugar, 12 grams of total fat, 6grams saturated fat, 18 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein per serving
I knew these candies were the real deal when they even passed my husband's VERY sweet tooth test! His favorite were the UNREAL 77 (peanut butter cups). They tasted just as good as the mainstream brands but were so much better for him! I LOVED the UNREAL 54 (Candy Coated Chocolate with Peanuts) - they were delicious and addictive and I had a hard time not eating the whole bag!
I also love that these aren't any more expensive than the other candy brands on the market and you can buy them at stores you frequently visit (Walgreens, CVS, etc)! Maybe we have finally started revolutionizing what we put into our bodies and offer to consumers!
THANK YOU UNREAL for accepting (and succeeding!) the challenge to change what we’ve come to accept in our food and to change the way junk food is made!
Buy It: You can purchase UNREAL products at 18,000 stores nationwide, including CVS, Walgreens and Kroger, and will be available in more than 30,000 retailers by mid Fall, with suggested retail prices ranging from $.89 to $1.29 for individual bars and $4.99 for the family sized bags.
If you love this review and my site...