I work three jobs from home....ON MY COMPUTER. So my computer is like my best friend. If he is hurt, I am hurt. If I travel, he travels with me. He knows everything about me and I know everything on him. And I definitely don't like losing my very important info if something goes wrong on my computer.
But I must say, it does get old lugging around a big laptop every time I travel...especially when I already have to take two kids and all their stuff to carry and pack whenever we go somewhere! It is heavy and I worry I am going to break my laptop every time. I always imagined a way to have carry around all my documents and files so I could use any computer but didn't know how to do it.
And then I was introduced to the Pocket Desktop. Imagine plugging a special USB device into the computer and it boots up to becomes your own personal computer with all your settings, favorites, files, ready for you to work on it and then returns to the original computer when you remove the device, with no trace of where you’ve been online. Yes, awesome, huh? That is POCKET DESKTOP!
The Pocket Desktop is a brand new USB device that contains your own private operating system with over 40 applications that provides unparalleled security and portability in computing. It is immune to threats such as viruses, spyware and spyware and puts Privacy, Protection and Portability in the Palm of Your Hand!
Designed by a retired Naval Intelligence Officer, the Pocket Desktop packs all of the privacy, security and back-up power of a military-grade computer into one tiny, portable device. Pocket Desktop provides:
1. Web Privacy – users can surf the web without their history being recorded on visited sites
2. File Security – all files created and saved to the Pocket Desktop remain on the device with 256 bit encryption
3. Virus Protection – The Pocket Desktop OS is read-only and operates in its own closed environment, thereby preventing viruses and malware from loading. The built in Virus software can also be used to repair/clean the host computer!
4. File Backup – the Pocket Desktop can store external documents, ensuring that sensitive materials remain safe and secure
5. File Recovery – corrupted files can be repaired and retrieved off of any computer
6. Portability – all files reside on the Pocket Desktop and cannot be accessed without it
So how does it work?
Just simply plug the Pocket Desktop into any computer’s USB port and restart the machine. The Pocket Desktop boots to its own closed environment. The self-contained and proprietary Linux OS contains more than 40 popular apps and software files, such as Skype, Open Office, and Firefox.
From this point, the user can perform any routine function on their computer – from word processing to web surfing, chat and more – all with complete privacy, security and back-up ability. The Pocket Desktop is platform-agnostic and works with both Apple and Windows machines.
I just love that I don't have to lug around my computer anymore. I just have it all on the Pocket Desktop and my computer now fits in my pocket to travel anywhere easily and safely! Plus, I feel safer knowing all my documents and important info are safe and sound on the Pocket Desktop in case anything would happen to my computer! This is an awesome alternative to packing and lugging around a heavy computer every time I leave the house!
Buy It: You can purchase the Pocket Desktop from $19.95 to $49.95 depending on file storage size on the Pocket Desktop website.
If you love this review and my site...