One of first things I became aware of when I became a first time mother was what was in the tiny little diapers I was supposed to put on my tiny baby's bottom! What I learned about mainstream diapers scared me and it may have been just the thing that started me on my eco-journey! I no longer trusted products just because they were popular or what doctors "recommended"!
So the only thing covering my baby's bottoms these days are cloth diapers and when I am on the go or need to do laundry, I reach for one of my favorite eco-friendly and safe disposable diapers: Bambo Nature!
Bambo Nature diapers are just like ordinary disposables, but they have a much lower eco footprint. Bambo Nature diapers are both ultra-thin and ultra-absorbent with a unique layer that draws wetness away from baby’s skin, keeping baby dry and comfortable even with repeat wetting. The nappies have been designed in conjunction with parents to assure the product has a practical design and are user friendly.
Bambo Nature Baby Diapers carry the official environmental Nordic Ecolabel, the Swan which mean they are:
- Certified free of harsh and dangerous chemicals
- Certified non-toxic and hypoallergenic
- Eco-friendly & transparent manufacturing process
- Bambo Nature is available in 5 sizes to suit all ages – from birth until your child naturally achieves full continence. The Bambo Nature product line begins with Size 2 and continues with Sizes 3, 4, 4+, and 5.
- Abena only uses state-of-the-art renewable raw materials.
- The wood used for pulp is derived from sustainable forestry; where more trees are planted than felled.
- There is absolutely zero chlorine used in the bleaching process.
- No chemicals or compounds from SVHC (REACH Article 33(2)) are used – Substances of Very High Concern.
- No known substances that are harmful to health or the environment.
- Phthalates Organotins (MBT, DBT, TBT) Heavy metals Chlorine (CI) Formaldehyde (HCHO) Colophonium AZO-pigments PVC Abena has gone as far as to prevent use of any chemical or compound that is known as locally irritating or sensitizing.
- There are no chemicals used during production.
- No optical brighteners No skin care lotions No perfumes, essential oils No odor eliminators
- Abena has designed an absorbent core with less SAP
- New technology with a wheat starch absorber
- Abena has almost completely reduced all waste during manufacturing.
- Even powder and dust from the plant is filtered, collected and sold for further use.
- Abena’s packaging and distribution focuses on reducing waste and the use of fuels
- Bambo Nature is 80% biodegradable, more than 3 times as much as other brands.
But besides all their incredible natural and safe features, Bambo Nature diapers are just plain soft, highly absorbent, and completely breathable - features ALL parents look for! You definitely don't compromise health for quality with these diapers. These are some of the only diapers I can find that effectively absorbs my heavy wetters the entire night. And I have never had any leaky “blow outs” with these diapers! I also love that the size of the diaper is printed on the product (great when you have 2+ kids in diapers and don't want to get them mixed up!) and they have a wetness indicator.
So I hope you can see why Bambo Nature diapers are definitely worthy of being featured this Earth Day! They celebrate Earth Day and our precious Earth EVERYDAY by the way they make their diapers and care about our precious children!
Buy It: You can purchase Bambo Nature diapers from amazon.com, diapers.com, and bambonatureusa.com.
If you love this review and my site...