THE TELEVISION EVENT OF THE YEAR SHATTERS HOME ENTERTAINMENT RECORDS
#1 TV ON DVD IN THE LAST 5 YEARS
#1 TV MINISERIES OF ALL TIME ACROSS BLU-RAY™, DVD AND DIGITAL HD™
DVD AND BLU-RAY™ BREAKS SALES RECORDS WITH 525,000 UNITS SOLD IN FIRST WEEK
#1 NEW CABLE TV SERIES NOW TOPS 95 MILLION VIEWERS
If not, you are in the minority, it seems, because the epic miniseries, THE BIBLE, continues its unprecedented success with its home entertainment launch and quickly became the biggest selling TV on DVD in the last 5 years and the biggest miniseries of all time on Blu-ray™, Digital HD™ and DVD in its first week of release. THE BIBLE series is flying off store shelves around the country with 525,000 units sold.
According to the Association for Christian Retail (CBA), THE BIBLE is the fastest pre-selling faith based title in its 60-year history. THE BIBLE also ranked #1 across digital stores including iTunes, Amazon, VUDU, Xbox, PlayStation, CinemaNow, and GooglePlay.
From its early debut last July at The International Christian Retailers Show (ICRS), to the unparalleled praise from notable spiritual leaders as Joel Osteen, T.D. Jakes, Samuel Rodriguez, Cardinal Wuerl and Rick Warren, to receiving The Parents Television Council 2013 Seal of Approval, THE BIBLE has ignited discussion across the country about the greatest story ever told.
From Executive Producers Mark Burnett (The Voice, Survivor) and Roma Downey (Touched by an Angel), THE BIBLE is an epic 10-part miniseries which retells the stories of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. The four-disc Blu-ray™ and DVD set dives deeper into the making of the series and features a behind-the-scenes look at how the ground-breaking miniseries came together.
During its run, THE BIBLE propelled HISTORY to number one in all of television from 8-10PM on Sunday nights with 95 million cumulative viewers watching the miniseries
After being named the official app of THE BIBLE series, YouVersion's Bible App had its biggest month ever, reaching 88 million total installs, breaking into the top 15 of all free apps in the iTunes App Store, and seeing 3.4 billion minutes of Bible engagement in the app.
A STORY OF GOD AND ALL OF US: A NOVEL BASED ON THE EPIC TV MINISERIES “THE BIBLE” by Roma Downey & Mark Burnett instantly became a national bestseller. The book debuted at #6 on the Publishers Weekly Hardcover Fiction list and spent multiple weeks on the New York Times Hardcover Fiction list.
THE BIBLE series also continues to exceed rating expectations around the world with premieres in Spain, Columbia and Portugal that brought in viewership that dominated and lifted the series to #1 and beating the top rated programming in each of those countries.
In Diogo Morgado's Portugal, a large protest via Facebook prompted SIC to reschedule the series to air in the afternoon over Easter weekend. This resulted in great success for the channel and a whopping 37% market share. And more international territories continue to acquire the series including Greece, Croatia, Holland, Brasil, France and the UK where it was announced today that THE BIBLE will premiere on Ch. 5 this fall.
Breathtaking in scope and scale, THE BIBLE features powerful performances, exotic locales and dazzling visual effects that breathe spectacular life into the dramatic tales of faith and courage from Genesis through Revelation. This historic television event is sure to entertain and inspire millions across the globe.
Narrated by Emmy® winning actor Keith David, THE BIBLE features a stunning international cast including Portuguese actor, Diogo Morgado as Jesus Christ and beloved actress, Roma Downey as Mother Mary. And for the first time since their award winning collaboration on Gladiator, Oscar® and Grammy® winning composer Hans Zimmer reunites with acclaimed vocalist Lisa Gerrard to create the majestic musical backdrop for this epic production.
The four-disc Blu-ray and DVD set dives deeper into the making of the series and features a behind-the-scenes look at how the groundbreaking docudrama came together. Interviews with producers, directors, and cast illustrate creative collaboration on-set and off and show how the remarkable Moroccan scenery was transformed into the world of the Bible.
Blu-ray and DVD audiences will be captivated by the special features, including:
● The Bible: Genesis – With Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as our guides, we discover how the team approached the daunting task of filming the stories of the Bible
● The Cast of The Bible – Highlighting the international cast, we join Mark and Roma on their search for the perfect actors to bring the characters from the Bible to life
● The Bible: Creation – An emotional three-part journey through the making of THE BIBLE
- Creation I: The Vision, The Look – Discover the vision of producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett in this behind-the-scenes look at how THE BIBLE was created including the incredible team, beautiful location, high-quality production and superb costume design
- Creation II: Production Stories – An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the challenges faced by the production - including the supernatural experiences with snakes on set – plus Diogo’s approach to portraying who he has called the most complex figure in human history
- Creation III: Crucified & Resurrected – A deeper look into the emotional filming of the crucifixion, resurrection and the last days in Morocco
● Scoring The Bible – A rare look into the recording session for the soundtrack of THE BIBLE with genius composer Hans Zimmer and award-winning soloist Lisa Gerrard
● Believing in Miracles – The cast and crew relive the magical moments that happened while filming in the deserts of Morocco
● The Bible: Visual Effects – A mon tage of the striking visual effects that make THE BIBLE the most high-quality Biblical epic of all time
If you love this review and my site...
* Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*