A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
I am here this school year to help you with some tasty and healthy recipes! I know how hard it is to come up with recipes every week for lunches, snacks and dinners so make sure to check out the great recipes below from Pompeian, a full family of products including olive oils, vinegars and cooking wines!
Magical Morning Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- *Pick a Flavor below and add the ingredients
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together olive oil, sugar, yogurt and eggs. Add dry ingredients to oil/sugar mixture and stir to blend. Stir in desired ingredients.
4. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins. Bake at 350° F. for 22-25 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Cool muffins slightly and serve warm, or frost with cream cheese icing.
*Carrot Nut Morning Glory Muffins: Add 2 cups grated carrots, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries to the basic muffin batter.
*Sunshine Morning Glory Muffins: Add one 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, 1 cup coconut and 1/2 cup raisins to the basic muffin batter.
*Cream Cheese Icing
8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1 cup Confectioners Sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Use as directed above.
Italian Grilled Cheese Panini
- 4 slices Italian bread, such as Panella round
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Classic Mediterranean Olive Oil or OlivExtra
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 4-6 basil leaves
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1. Brush the 4 slices of bread liberally on one side with the oil. Top two of the bread slices with 4 slices of cheese, 2 slices of tomato, 2-3 basil leaves, and the Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining bread, oiled side up.
2. Heat a large skillet, griddle or panini maker*, and place the sandwiches on it. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until toasted golden. Flip sandwiches over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden. Cut in half and serve immediately.
*If using a Panini maker, there is no need to flip the sandwiches over.
Buy It: You can purchase Pompeian products at a local retailer near you!
* Thank you to Pompeian for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*