A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
Yes, my family is feeling it all ready...cold/flu season. My children have had some stuffy noses, dry skin and coughs, but we immediately pulled out our humidifiers and put one in each room. The brand we trust most and use throughout our house is Crane!
This cold/flu season, Crane has some great tips and info to help your children and families get through cold/flu season! Check them out below!
Young children commonly get about 6 - 8 colds and upper respiratory tract infections each year. Due to the risk of overdose, the FDA and pediatricians recommend not giving over the counter cough and cold medicine to children under the age of six.
For cold and flu symptoms, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the following:
• Cool mist humidifier
• Saline nasal solution
• Nasal aspirator
Humidifiers help with overall cold and flu symptoms. A cool mist humidifier is preferred over a warm mist humidifier because the water does not boil.
Specifically, humidifiers help with the following:
• Loosen nasal congestion
• Ease dry coughs
• Sooth itchy dry skin
• Moisten chapped lips
• Prevent nose bleeds
Humidifiers and Breastfeeding
When breastfeeding, it is important for infants to be able to easily breathe through their noses. Using a humidifier helps to loosen nasal congestion, prevent nosebleeds and moisten sinus and nasal passages making breathing through the nose much easier. If your infant cannot easily breathe through his or her nose, it can be frustrating and difficult for mother and child during nursing.
What is the difference between a cool mist and a warm mist humidifier?
Warm mist humidifiers produce a warm mist by boiling the water in the humidifier to produce steam. Ultrasonic humidifiers generate a cool mist when a thin film of water is passed over a rapidly vibrating transducer. The vibration breaks the water up into tiny droplets and emits a whisper quiet cool mist.
What is the difference between a humidifier and an air purifier?
Humidifiers add moisture to a room or home by dispersing water vapor into the air. Air purifiers intake, purify, and output freshly cleaned air by removing particles and pollutants from the air.
Important Humidifier Tips to Remember:
• FILL with cool water REPLACE cap tightly PUT tank back on base. DO NOT add salt or other additives
• Place humidifier on a LEVEL, LINT FREE & WATER RESISTANT surface. DO NOT place on wood, cloth or carpet
• See WHITE DUST? Try using one of these: DISTILLED WATER, FILTERED WATER, CRANE DEMINERALIZATION FILTER. Hard water affects the purity of your mist
• EMPTY water in the tank and base AFTER EACH USE. Mold can grow in sitting water
• SOAK tank and base in WHITE VINEGAR & WATER SOLUTION after a week of use
The humidifier I highly recommend this winter is the Crane Germ Defense Digital Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier.
For those who experience cold and cough symptoms, there are few things more soothing than breathing in moist air, especially during dry winter months or when cold symptoms are at their worst. The Crane ultrasonic humidifier runs for up to 24 hours and offers the choice of warm or cool mist, both of which are equally effective in humidifying the air.
Germ Defense Digital Cool and Warm Mist Humidifier At a Glance:
- Offers the choice of warm or cool mist
- Antimicrobial protection inside humidifier
- 360 mist nozzle to direct mist
- Relieves cold symptoms, dry skin, and chapped lips
- Runs for up to 24 hours
- Releases up to 2.5 gallons of moisture per day
- Easy-to-operate digital control panel
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Does not require filter
- Energy efficient, using less power than a standard light bulb
A straightforward digital display makes this humidifier easy to set up and operate and the water reservoir lifts out of the unit, making it easy to fill and clean. Simply remove the water tank from the unit, unscrew the tank cap, and fill the water tank under a water faucet. Securely replace the tank cap, making sure the rubber cap seal is in place, and place the water tank back onto the unit. Place the humidifier on an elevated surface and set output for comfortable room humidification.
Crane's Germ Defense humidifiers are embedded with small natural antimicrobial silver particles that help prevent bacteria, viruses, and mold from taking hold. This technology helps the humidifier to disperse a clean, germ-free mist.
Buy It: You can purchase the Germ Defense Humidifier for $109.99 from the Crane website.
* Thank you to Crane for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*