A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!!
This Earth Day, there is nothing more that reminds me about what the Earth gives us than eating FRESH juicy berries! They are one of the most natural, sweet and delicious foods on Earth that are NOT processed, made in a factory, or made with zillions of ingredients.
And the brand I am always looking for at the store is Driscoll's because not only do they offer fresh, juicy berries but they offer an organic variety too!
Family owned for over 100 years, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing premium fresh berries. Their strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and organic berries are sweet, juicy and naturally wholesome. Packed with antioxidants, fiber and vitamins, they’re a healthy treat for any time of the day.
All of Driscoll’s organic berries, regardless of growing region, are 100% certified organic according to the USDA National Organic Program (NOP).
As the leader in fresh berries, growing the finest organic berries in the world is both art and science, requiring care, commitment and dedication.
By choosing Driscoll’s, you can be confident that you’re enjoying the finest, best tasting organic berries available.
If you love berries and want a tasty recipe to celebrate Earth Day, Driscoll's website offers exclusive berry recipes, including healthy berry recipes, for all your menu needs.
My mouth just watered as I went through them! Check out two of my favorites below and two I will be making for sure!
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) Driscoll's Strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker, vanilla wafer or shortbread cookies
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Cut top off each strawberry and core out center with a melon baller. Place on lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, vanilla and salt with an electric mixer until creamy and evenly blended. Place cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag or self-sealing plastic bag. Cut a small hole in tip of bag and pipe cream cheese mixture into strawberries.
- Place strawberries in individual serving spoons or small dishes on a cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave on 50% power or in a bowl set over simmering water. Place melted chocolate in a pastry bag or self-sealing plastic bag and cut a small hole in top of bag. Pipe melted chocolate over strawberries. Chill in refrigerator to set at least 15 minutes.
- Top with cookie crumbs.
Strawberry-Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
- 1 package (16 ounces or 3 cups) Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cups) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- Combine the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt and puree. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour strawberry mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions. Frozen yogurt can be served immediately with a soft texture or transferred to an airtight container and placed in the freezer for several hours for a firmer texture. If placed in the freezer remove and let stand at room temperature for 15 minute before serving.
* Thank you to Driscoll's for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*