A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
I am so excited to share with you today TWO brand new, never-before-seen solar products for North America – The SunBell Solar Lamp & Phone Charger and the Little Sun Solar Lantern!
The SunBell is the ultimate accessory to take with you on any camping and hiking trips with the family. Simply strap the solar panel to any bag and let it charge in the sun while trekking to your destination. Needing only 4 hours of sunlight, the SunBell can provide 50 lumens of light for 14+ hours on medium setting.
The rechargeable LiFePO battery requires only 3-4 hours of good sunlight to be fully charged. The dimmer switch lets you choose between 3 levels of LED light intensity and operating time. A 9 foot cable is hidden inside the solar disk, so the panel can be placed outside while the lamp or mobile phone can be stored safely inside a house, hut or tent while charging.
Features & Benefits:
- An “all-in-one” solar lantern and cell phone charger
- Task light – when the lamp shade serves as a table stand
- Ceiling light / lantern – when the lamp head is inserted into the lamp shade
- Portable light / neck light – when the light unit and battery pack is detached from the lamp
- High quality DC/DC USB adaptor that can be used with any mobile phone with a USB charging cable
- 1 LiFePO battery, 1.400 mAh / 3.2V with 2.000+ cycles (5-7 years)
- 3 High quality LEDs with adjustable light from 5 to 50 to 150 lumen, 5.500-6.000 kelvin
- SunBOOST3 Technology for Max Powerpoint Tracking / battery protection
- 1.8 W Solar panel with 3m/9ft cable rolled up in solar disc
- UV resistant ABS plastic housing
- Splash proof covers for plugs
- Can be delivered with AC/DC wall adaptor for charging from grid
- Shade can be used as a sound amplifier for mobile phone speakers
- Comes in 2 bright colors: red and yellow
I absolutely LOVE that this Solar Lamp and Phone Charger does not require batteries or an outlet! It really is perfect for camping, power outages or just for using when you want to be more eco-friendly and save electricity! It is really easy to use and I love that it does so much!
The Little Sun was originally invented by a social business focused on getting clean, reliable, affordable light to 1.6 billion people worldwide without access to electricity.
Now available for North America, the Little Sun is a practical solar light that utilizes the world’s most efficient solar cell to brighten up your camping trips, at the beach, festivals, BBQ or hiking.
The Little Sun is extremely easy to use. Simply charge it with the power of the sun for 5 hours and receive 10 hours of soft light or 4 hours of bright light. The solar cells last for 2 years before needing to be replaced.
The Michael Bloomberg foundation is investing $5,000,000 into the Little Sun to bring solar power to Africa. This fund will provide low-interest loans for residents of sub-Saharan Africa to distribute these portable solar powered lamps.
Little Sun’s unique combination of beautiful design and exceptional engineering has made the lamp popular across the globe. Featuring two light levels, it’s easy to use: 5 hours of charging in the sun produces 10 hours of soft light or 4 hours of bright light.
- Features the world’s most efficient solar cell, produced by SunPower, industry leaders in solar manufacturing
- Specially engineered to keep the electronics cool even while charging in the sun, and the ventilation of the solar panel ensures best efficiency
- Contains 3 AAA rechargeable batteries
- Received official certification in 2012 from Lighting Africa, a joint IFC and World Bank program
- ROHS and ISO-certified for quality and consistency in production standards
- Was recently introduced into Centre Pompidou’s permanent design collection and has been nominated for Design Museum’s 2013 Designs of the Year Award
This little light is actually really bright and powerful and I love that it has two different brightness settings. Plus, it is charged by the sun so I can stop replacing battery after battery when my children forget to shut it off after reading books in the dark with it!
Here is a video of the Little Sun:
* Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*