A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
This Father's Day, my husband will be enjoying an ice cold Montejo beer and relaxing! It is one of his new favorite beers and I must admit I like to enjoy one right along side him! It is the perfect beverage to have on a hot summer day and to celebrate the great dad in your life this Father's Day!
MONTEJO IS 100% MEXICAN AND 100% AUTHENTIC.Every time I drink Montejo beer, it takes me to a relaxing spot on vacation in Mexico!
Montejo has a light golden color and is renowned for its crisp, refreshing finish. Although a lighter lager, Montejo is smooth and full-flavored.
It is such a great tasting beer that Los Angeles native and rising star Chef Eddie Ruiz, head chef and owner of the popular Latin restaurant Corazon y Miel partnered with the Mexican beer brand Montejo to develop a series of summer recipes and accompanying drinks using Montejo beer.
Chef Ruiz has taken this authentically Mexican beer and combined it with sea bass, game hens, chimichurri steak and mouthwatering Montejo BBQ sauce.
Check out some of these tasty recipes below that are perfect for summer entertaining:
Ingredients· 1 cup Italian Flat leaf parsley, tightly packed
· 1 cup Cilantro, tightly packed
· 1Ž2 cup Fresh oregano, tightly packed
· 2 Fresno Chilies, seeds removed
· 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
· 2 Crushed chili de arbol
· 1Ž4 cup Distilled vinegar
· 1Ž4 cup red wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon sea salt
· 1Ž2 Red onion, finely chopped
· To taste Montejo beer
Method1. Place first 6 ingredients into a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds. Drizzle in olive oil while food processor is on. Remove from food processor and place into a bowl. Add distilled, red wine vinegar and sea salt. Stir in finely red onion. Add a few ounces of Montejo beer and top any freshly grilled steak. Enjoy the rest of your ice cold Montejo.
MONTEJO BBQ SAUCE
Cook: 120 Minutes
Ingredients· 12 ounces Montejo
· 2 cups ketchup
· 4 ounces brown sugar
· 4 ounces mustard
· 4 ounces apple cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
· 4 ounces dried Spanish chorizo, thin sliced
· 3 ounces honey, or agave 1⁄2 onion, minced 2 cloves garlic, minced
Method1. Mix all ingredients into a heavy bottomed pot. Cook on low for 1-2 hours stirring every 10-15 minutes. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Pass BBQ sauce through a strainer. Discarding the bits of chorizo, onion and garlic left behind.
2. Use Montejo BBQ for any of your favorite grilled foods, chicken fingers or french fries.
Source: E.Ruiz (3 cups bbq sauce)
If your Dad or husband loves beer, make sure to get them a case of Montejo to try this Father's Day!
* Thank you to Montejo for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*