A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
Have you planned out your Easter baskets for your children or grandchildren yet?
If not, this year I challenge you to make a healthier Easter basket for your children! The baskets don't always have to be filled with candy and treats - add in some healthy treats like Wonderful Halos Mandarins! Children will love them (like mine do!) because they are easy to peel, tasty to eat and great for small hands!
Plus, you will love your children eating them because they provide 45 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C – a delicious, healthy, and satisfying snack!
And you will might steal a couple yourself because Wonderful Halos are delicious, healthy snacks that are roughly only 50 calories! For a quick pick-me-up snack, Wonderful Halos are the perfect naturally sweet alternative to sugary treats.
And I am happy to oblige because they are also Non-GMO (genetically modified organism) Project certified!
Not only are they the perfect (healthy) snack to include in your Easter baskets or decorate your Easter table, but they also make for a great addition to family friendly recipes that are great for Easter entertaining!
They also have a variety of delicious recipes including a tasty Mandarin and Chicken Quinoa Bowl and Mandarin Prosciutto Bruschetta Bites. Check out the recipe below:
Wonderful Halos Mandarin & Quinoa Chicken Bowls
Prep: 15 minutes | Time to Table: 30 minutes | Serves 4
Quinoa is hearty, healthy, and easy to make. Spoon it into a bowl and top it with Wonderful Halos mandarins, grilled chicken, cilantro, black beans, and savory chipotle lime vinaigrette for dinner or a packed lunch.
- 4 Wonderful Halos mandarins, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Mix together the salt, chili powder and cumin and rub on chicken. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through; set aside to cool, then slice.
3. Make chipotle lime vinaigrette: Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, honey, adobo sauce, salt and olive oil. Then discard halved garlic cloves.
4. Peel Wonderful Halos mandarins and separate segments.
5. Spoon quinoa into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with some spinach, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, Wonderful Halos mandarin segments and sliced chicken.
Drizzle each with vinaigrette and sprinkle with scallions to serve.
Tip: If making ahead for lunch, pack vinaigrette separately so bowl stays fresh
Not to mention Halos would be great for any Easter crafts you may have coming up- paint your Halos like you paint your Easter eggs or stick bunny ears on your Halos for easy, cute, and healthy décor!
Hurry to your local grocer and pick up these fun and tasty Wonderful Halos because they are only in season from November through April! Hurry and get them before they are gone!
You can purchase Wonderful Halos at your local grocer.
* Thank you to Wonderful Halos for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*