A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
It's officially summer break in our house!! I can't believe my oldest is already in 1st grade!
With summer break comes hungry kids from playing outside, being active, swimming and being in the heat! Sometimes, I run out of ideas for delicious, healthy and wholesome snacks for my kids!!
Sargento Natural Cheese Snacks! My children LOVE them as snacks and I LOVE them because they have 4-8 grams of protein per serving and is a natural source of protein that keeps my children (and me!) fueled and satisfied.
Plus, it is the PERFECT snack for on-the-go, which we always seem to be! Plus, they’re a wholesome snacking option that doesn’t sacrifice on taste. They are available in 14 delicious varieties, including String, Reduced Fat Colby-Jack, Sharp Cheddar and Pepper Jack.
And this summer, nutritionist Mitzi Dulan is ready to help you snack better. As the nutritionist for The Royals (current World Series champs), Mitzi has quite a few tricks for swapping in snacks that help you stay fueled and satisfied while on-the-go this summer.
Here are all of Mitzi's tips.
1. Pack on the protein. Sargento Natural Cheese Snacks contain 4-8 grams of protein per serving, helping keep you fueled and satisfied throughout the day. The convenient single-serve packaging makes it simple for on-the go snacking.
2. Get fruity at least three times a day. Choose fruits that are nutritional powerhouses like watermelon which is a hydrating fruit and loaded with lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. Frozen grapes are another great fruit to snack on. Grapes are high in polyphenols which is another strong antioxidant.
3. Variety is key. Aim to eat a rainbow of colors, even with your snacks. This helps you to eat a nutrient-rich diet. From baby carrots and red grapes to kale chips and Sargento Sharp Cheddar Cheese Snacks, eating a variety of colors means you're getting a variety of nutrients.
4. Spread it on. Keep your cravings at bay by mixing a can of tuna with 1/4 of an avocado and spreading it on crackers.
5. Pick-me-up smoothie. Instead of reaching for a caffeine drink, try a berry smoothie. Greek yogurt, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and a touch of honey will meet your sugary fix.
6. Dip and eat. Use celery, cucumbers, carrots and broccoli as fiber-filled dippers with a cool spinach or garlic dip. You can also pair with beet hummus for a boost of flavor.
7. Snack consciously. Make sure you eat mindfully and give full attention to your snacks while you are eating instead of watching TV or performing other unconscious eating behavior. This will help avoid overeating.
You can purchase Sargento Natural Cheese Snacks at your local retailer.
* Thank you to Sargento for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*