A product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.
National Chia Day is TODAY, Thursday, March 23 and since Chia seeds are one of our family favorites in shakes, on sandwiches and in oatmeal in our house, we just have to celebrate!
One of our favorite chia brands, Mamma Chia, is also celebrating and are sharing the top 4 benefits of chia and other awesome info about chia’s rich-nutritional background and history. Check it out below!
Mamma Chia’s organic, chia-based snacks and beverages are an easy and portable way to reap the benefits of chia. Plus, Mamma Chia actually founded National Chia Day last year and started the chia beverage category in 2009!
DID YOU KNOW?Chia seeds are a complete protein, a rich plant-based source of Omega-3s providing fiber, antioxidants, minerals and more.
Mamma Chia’s top-four favorite benefits of chia seeds include:
- Rich Nutritional Value: Gram per gram, chia has 8x more Omega-3s than salmon, 25 percent more fiber than flaxseed, 30 percent more antioxidants than blueberries, 2x more potassium than bananas, 70 percent more protein than soy beans, and 2x more calcium than milk.
- Satiety: Chia is a complete protein, which can help you feel more satisfied after a meal.
- Digestion: Chia seeds have both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can aid in digestion.
- Plant Protein: Chia has more than 4g of vegetarian protein per one ounce, and unlike flaxseed, chia does not have to be ground to reap its benefits.
I LOVE getting my Chia seed servings in the Mamma Chia Vitality Bars! They are so delicious, filling and easy to eat on the go, which is so important to me! Mamma Chia also offers other delicious products that make incorporating Chia seeds into your diet like Granola Clusters, Squeezes and Beverages! Check them out and celebrate National Chia Day with Mamma Chia!
You can purchase Mamma Chia products from their online shop
* Thank you to Mamma Chia for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*